Uh oh! You’ve relied on your home water filtration system for several years, never doubting the quality of your tap water and the job it does to remove harmful drinking water contaminants (or at least the potential for them). But with any appliance or product, there may come a time when you need to consider replacing your current one with something new.
Maybe you need more advanced, newer technology. Maybe you’re looking for a bit of cost or energy savings with a new system. Or, perhaps your current water filtration system just isn’t getting the job done anymore. No matter what, there are typically some signs to be on the lookout for when it comes to a failing system – and a water filter that isn’t doing it’s job can put your home’s water quality in jeopardy.
Signs You Need a New Water Filtration System
- Bad odor – Filtered drinking water can taste great, but if those certain smells start to show up again, you may need to replace your filter. These smells usually indicate that the filter has become dirty, clogged or inefficient and that the water is unsuitable for drinking and other purposes. This is probably why you invested in your drinking water system in the first place.
- Small debris in the water – Have you started to notice little bits and pieces of debris or dirt in your drinking water? Usually this means your water has not been completely filtered and it may indicate that your drinking water filtration system needs to be replaced soon.
- Labored noise – If your water filtration system seems like it is working extra hard and making some unusual sounds, it could be reaching the end of its lifespan. It is a good idea to give us a call and consider a replacement before it breaks completely.
Other Common Water Filtration Issues Include:
- Slow filtering speed
- Using more gallons of water than usual
- High TDSs in your filtered water – a monitor can help with this. If the filtered water TDS falls below 80%, then you should look at replacing it.
- Low water pressure
- Damage to the water filter
- You have an older water filtration system
- Indicator lights constantly notify you of issues or your system needs expensive repairs
Consider a New Drinking Water System
With a new water filtration system and preventative maintenance, your new unit will without a doubt improve the quality of your tap water. And, it will help you feel much better about the removal of those potential or known drinking water contaminants.
We offer some innovative technology with some of the most effective and efficient filters on the market. Our technicians can help you to learn which water filtration system is right for your household and you’ll enjoy high-quality, great-tasting drinking water right away!